THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION. YOU AGREE THAT, EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED BELOW, ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND Nexus WILL BE RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. PLEASE READ THE SECTION TITLED “DISPUTES; ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTIONS; JURY TRIAL” BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
Our Properties contain “Property Content” (as defined below) that may include dangerous activities performed by professionals or under the supervision of professionals. Accordingly, Nexus Health LLC asks that you do not attempt or recreate any of the activities performed in our Property Content.
1. PURPOSE AND USE
- We provide our Properties for entertainment, informational and/or promotional purposes only. We grant you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable limited license to our Properties and Property Content for your personal, non-commercial use only. “Property Content” means our Properties and all they contain, including but not limited to any video, music, text, images, graphics, sounds, information, URLs, technology, documentation and interactive features included with or available through our Properties, derivative works or enhancements, and all intellectual property rights to the same, including all copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress.
- You are responsible for your use of the Properties. Our goal is to create a positive, useful, and safe user experience. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain conduct that may be harmful to other users or to us. When you use the Properties, you may not:
- violate any law or regulation;
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate other people’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
iii. post or share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or commercial communications, such as spam;
- use any means to spider, harvest, scrape, crawl, or participate in the use of software, including spyware, to collect data from the Site or Services or any Web pages contained in the Properties;
- transmit any viruses or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems;
vii. stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
viii. impersonate any person or entity or perform any other similar fraudulent activity, such as phishing;
- attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Properties;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software or other underlying code used to provide the Properties; or
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
2. USER CONTENT
- “User Content” includes video, text, images, sounds and any other information (including names and likenesses), material or ideas you provide to us. When you post or otherwise make available User Content, you grant us a universal, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable and transferable right to host, store, use, reproduce, modify, distribute, create derivative works based upon, translate, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate, transmit, display advertisements in connection with and publish the User Content in whole or in part as we in our sole discretion deem appropriate in any format, media or technology now known or later developed, including for purposes of advertising or promoting the Properties or Nexus. You represent that User Content you provide is original with you, does not and will not (when used by Nexus consistent with the above license) violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights and rights of publicity and/or privacy.
- You agree and understand that Nexus is not obligated to use any User Content and you have no right to compel such use. You understand and acknowledge that Nexus has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by Nexus’s own employees. Many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar or identical to your User Content in structure, purpose, function, theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Nexus’s use of any such similar or identical material. Finally, you acknowledge that, with respect to any claim you may have relating to or arising out of Nexus’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any User Content or other material you submit to the Properties or Nexus, the damage, if any, thereby caused will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to injunctive or other equitable relief and your rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law consistent with the terms set forth in the sections entitled “DISPUTES RESOLUTION AND MANDATORY ARBITRATION; NO CLASS ACTIONS; NO JURY TRIAL”.
3. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS; PRIVACY
During registration, you will create a user name and password (an “Account”). You are responsible for the activity that occurs under your Account, and for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account. You agree not to provide any false personal information or to create an account for anyone other than yourself. You agree to contact us at Contact Us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account.
4. PROMOTIONAL OFFERS
All promotional offers, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and other promotions (“Promotions”) we may offer from time to time are subject to these Terms and any supplemental terms we disclose. Generally, with or without notice, we reserve the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate any Promotion in appropriate circumstances, including to extend or resume the stated entry period, disqualify any participant or entry, or award prizes in an alternate manner. You are responsible for all costs, expenses or taxes associated with your participation and/or receipt of any prizes or awards. We may condition your participation or receipt of a prize/award on the execution of a release and/or other agreements. By accepting a prize or award, you automatically consent to and grant us the right to use of your name, image, likeness, statements, biographical information and other information about you for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, all without additional permission from or compensation to you.
5. PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
- Our Properties may include sending you promotional and non-promotional e-mails/ newsletters, text/SMS messages, chat messages, or other electronic or offline messages. The promotional messages may be recurring, meaning we will continue to send them to you until you unsubscribe via any of our disclosed methods.
- Text/SMS Messages (“Message Service”). In addition to any terms specifically disclosed when you enroll for a Message Service:
- “Message and Data Rates May Apply” which means that you may be charged message and/or data charges by your wireless carrier depending on your service plan.
- You certify that you are either the account holder or otherwise responsible for paying any wireless carrier charges associated with the Message Service or, if you are under the age of 18, that you have the permission of the account holder/person responsible for any such charges.
6. COPYRIGHT POLICY
If you believe that any content appearing on a Property infringes your copyright rights, please forward the following information in writing to our “Copyright Agent”:
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
iii. the exact URL or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
- a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate, and a statement made under penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Contact is:
Attn: General Counsel and Copyright Agent
We will review any notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate action. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response. Any notices of copyright infringement are subject to counter-notice as detailed below.
If you believe the content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use such content, you may submit a counter-notice to the address listed above containing the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
iii. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, physical address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Texas, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
After we receive your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the content that was removed or disabled. If we receive such notification we will be unable to restore the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may reinstate the material.
7. THIRD PARTY INDEMNITY
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the “Nexus Parties” (as defined below) from and against any and all “Losses” (as defined below) that may arise in connection with: (i) your use of the Properties in violation of these Terms; (ii) User Content provided by you; or (iii) any actual or alleged violation or breach by you of these Terms. “Nexus Parties” means Nexus and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and their related companies. “Losses” means claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs). You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
8. WARRANTIES; LIABILITY
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ARISING FROM DOING SO. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, DATA, OR INFORMATION SHARED BY THIRD PARTIES. OUR PROPERTIES (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND ALL ASSOCIATED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT ANY CONTENT WITHIN OUR PROPERTIES, ANY SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OR THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, TIMELINESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR AVAILABILITY OF OUR PROPERTIES OR ANY ASSOCIATED CONTENT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND ALL OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
- WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, THE Nexus PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE Nexus PARTIES FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID US TO USE THE PROPERTIES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLY YOU WITH THE PROPERTIES AGAIN).
BY ACCESSING THE PROPERTIES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF TEXAS, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.
- YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES OR THESE TERMS MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED. THIS PROVISION IS NOT APPLICABLE IN NEW JERSEY.
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Any permitted court legal proceedings against Nexus (i.e., those not subject to Mandatory Arbitration, as provided below) that may arise out of, relate to, or be in any way connected with our Properties.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION & MANDATORY ARBITRATION
(A) We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to contact us with disputes by contacting us at Contact Us. We will contact you based on the contact information you have provided us.
(B) If after 30 days the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the dispute may only be submitted to arbitration consistent with this Section. We each understand that either of us would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but we are instead voluntarily choosing to have any disputes resolved through binding arbitration.
(C) We are entering into this arbitration agreement in connection with a transaction involving interstate commerce. Accordingly, this arbitration agreement and any proceedings thereunder shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
(D) Exception to Arbitrate. We each agree as follows: (i) either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court; (ii) to the extent state law permits either of us to seek injunctive or other equitable relief outside of arbitration, we each agree that such actions will be brought exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas or state court located in Plano. We each consent and submit to the personal jurisdictions of these courts; and (iii) as set forth below, we each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and Nexus, not as part of a classwide claim. If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and we each agree to resolve the dispute in court.
10. NO CLASS ACTIONS
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
11. NO TRIAL BY JURY
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PERMITTED PROCEEDING.
12. AMENDMENTS; ASSIGNMENT
You agree that Nexus may update these Terms at any time, and it is your obligation to check for updates. Updates do not apply retroactively. You may not assign these Terms or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part.
- Except as provided in these Terms, these Terms constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
- These terms do not create any rights in favor of any third party. Our failure to take action to enforce our rights does not mean that we give up those rights or cannot take such action in the future.
- If you access the Properties from locations outside of the U.S. you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- If a provision in these Terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision shall be removed from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in force.
- At any time and for any reason or no reason we may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Properties, terminate your Account, and add, remove or modify functionality.
- When using our Properties, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You agree to fully cooperate with us to investigate any suspected or actual activity that is in breach of these Terms.
- Our Properties may link or contain links to other websites maintained by our licensors, affiliates and/or third parties. We do not operate, control or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links and any content posted on third-party websites.
- If you have a question, concern or complaint about these Terms, you can contact us by clicking here.